Ports with version numbers going backwards: net-p2p/azureus2

Rong-En Fan rafan at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jul 26 16:13:45 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 12:07:48PM -0400, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 22, 2007 at 01:34:08AM +0800, Rong-En Fan wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 21, 2007 at 05:31:49PM +0000, erwin at FreeBSD.org wrote:
> > > ** The following ports have a version number that sorts before a previous one **
> > >
> > >  For many package tools to work correctly, it is of utmost importance that
> > >  version numbers of a port form a monotonic increasing sequence over time.
> > >  Refer to the FreeBSD Porter's Handbook, 'Package Naming Conventions' for
> > >  more information. Tools that won't work include pkg_version, portupgrade
> > >  and portaudit. A common error is an accidental deletion of PORTEPOCH.
> > >
> > >  Please fix any errors as soon as possible.
> >
> > As I noted in commit log, this port is just repocopied and not
> > connected to build. The is intentional.
>
> If it is not connected to the build then how is it showing up here?  I
> thought the script used INDEX builds for comparison.

Honestly, I don't know.

According to net-p2p/Makefile, this port is connected to build
at Sat Jul 21 03:13:01 2007 UTC, i.e. 25 seconds after the commit
below. Also, when I committed 2.5.0.4, the PORTNAME is changed
to azureus2, so it should not be confused with azureus.

Regards,
Rong-En Fan