uppc kmod installation problem

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Thu Jul 26 14:13:45 UTC 2007

It seems that installation action of uppc-kmod port (do-install target)
uses incorrect tool to put uppc.ko in its destination. It seems that the
tool (${INSTALL_PROGRAM}) corrupts the .ko, so that it is not a valid
kernel module anymore. If I put uppc.ko into /boot/kernel and do kldxref
then kldxref complains about missing symbol table in uppc.ko and dumps
core. If the module is loaded then it crashes my system.

On the other hand, if I simply copy uppc.ko from work directory then it
works ok.

Unfortunately I have not preserved the messages and the crash dumps but
it is very reproduce the problem without system crash using kldxref as
described above.

Current maintainer of the port seems to be ports@, so maybe I should
open a PR ?

Some system info: