xkeyboard-config-1.0 breaks modifiers?

Craig Boston craig at yekse.gank.org
Thu Jul 26 00:18:39 UTC 2007

Is anyone else seeing broken modifier keys (specifically the Win key)
with the new xkeyboard-config in ports, or is it just me?

xmodmap shows mod4 as blank.  The Windows key also now seems to be
mapped to Meta_L instead of Super_L.  Even after doing xmodmap -e "add
mod4 = Meta_L", beryl still wasn't happy and refused to use the key for
any bindings.

Started to fight with it, but I had work to do and all my window manager
keys are bound to Super combinations, so it was quicker just to revert
to 0.9-3.

Bug or feature?

Craig