How do you remove unneeded patch files?

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Tue Jul 24 19:41:06 UTC 2007

I'm working on a port upgrade.  The existing port has a number of patch
files in FILESDIR that are no longer needed.  (The changes they made have
been incorporated into the distro.)  What's the appropriate way to submit
those changes?  Normally, a send-pr submission will contain the patches for
existing port files.  There is no patch for these.  They need to be removed.

I could do this:  diff -Naur files/original_patch_file files/empty_file,
but I don't know if that removes the file or simply replaces it with an
empty one.

--
Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst