SRC_BASE vs SYSDIR

Sean C. Farley scf at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jul 23 20:02:46 UTC 2007

Since I need to have more than one branch of FreeBSD checked out, I
place them in /usr/FreeBSD/<branch>.  This brought to my attention the
use of two different variables to find /usr/src/sys in at least three
ports with kernel modules.

1. emulators/kqemu-kmod    SRC_BASE (in port Makefile)
2. sysutils/devcpu         SRC_BASE (in port Makefile)
3. x11/nvidia-driver       SYSDIR (via bsd.kmod.mk)

Should the first two ports standardize on SYSDIR, or should both exist?
I have no strong opinion since I have both defined in ports.conf, but I
want to bring it to people's attention about it.

Sean
--
scf at FreeBSD.org