sudo 1.6.9 segfault

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Mon Jul 23 00:12:37 UTC 2007

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 13:19:35 -0400
Tom McLaughlin <tmclaugh at sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 2007-07-21 at 16:39 +0600, yarodin wrote:
> > Jul 21 15:12:01 home sudo:    admin : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/home/admin ;
> > USER=root ; COMMAND=/sbin/ipfw
> > Jul 21 15:12:36 home kernel: pid 42226 (sudo), uid 0: exited on signal 11
>
> I need a little more information.
>
> sudoers:
> tom             LOCAL = NOPASSWD: /sbin/ipfw
>
> [tom at releng-7-fbsd tom]$ sudo ipfw
> Last login: Sat Jul 21 13:09:52 on ttyp0
> usage: ipfw [options]
> do "ipfw -h" or see ipfw manpage for details
>
> What options are you using in the port?  What does your sudoers look
> like?  Also, I'm curious why TTY would show up as unknown in the log.
>
> tom

Hi,
I can reproduce the sigfault with .1.6.9., but not with 1.6.8.12.
1.6.9 does NOT sigfault when run from a shell, but it does if called from a menu or launcher in XFCE. For example, i have sudo configured to allow me to run sudo wireshark without password.

from an shell (in Terminal, actually), sudo wireshark works fine.
From the launcher or menu option which executes 'sudo wireshark' , i get a sigfault.

I tried to trace the call with
ktrace -f /tmp/SUDOKTRACE -d sudo wireshark

but i only get up to the loading of ld-elf ...

If you have any tests to suggest, let me know.

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Always do right.  This will gratify some and astonish the rest."
  Mark Twain