Proposal for another category in INDEX: common_deps

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jul 21 08:54:39 UTC 2007

Matthew Seaman wrote:

> Again, the idea here was not to change anything in the ports
> themselves: just what was presented in the INDEX,

Ok, then I think it's incumbent on you to explain what the benefit
would be.

> and then mainly as a resource to make easier the lives of the
> people that write ports management software.

Well, I'm one of those people, and portmaster ignores the index file
altogether, for whatever that's worth.

Doug