FreeBSD Port: fusefs-unionfs-0.17

Csaba Henk csaba.henk at creo.hu
Sat Jul 14 08:41:31 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 11:49:20AM +0300, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> Proper solution seems to be to update all fusefs ports to link with
> libiconv and to add "subtype=" to list of ignored options in both
> mount_fusefs (fusefs-kmod port) and fuse_lowlevel.c (fusefs-libs port).
> The error message actually comes from the latter file.

I see. I don't yet understand fully why the lib should be touched for
relaxing "subtype=", but it seems to be true that it can't be relaxed
in the same very simple way as it's done with "fsname=" in
mount_fusefs.c. That is, I do hope we will able to get around it w/o
hacking the lib.

I go to holiday just now, so I can't complete the investigation,
but when I come back I will settle this and release 0.3.9-pre2
which will be ready for inclusion into ports. (Previously
known show-stopper issues are already dealt with, but here is
now this subtype thingy and also a new kind of panic, I will
have to look at them.) Please be patient just for a little
more time. If Anish happened to add a workaround in the meantime,
that would be good enough.

Csaba