WiFi Radar

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Sun Jul 8 21:47:53 UTC 2007

Hello Alvarez,

On Sun, Jul 08, 2007 at 01:32:50PM -0700, Alvarez wrote:
> I would like to port WiFi Radar application to FreeBSD, but I need the ins
> and outs of porting Linux apps into FreeBSD. Can anyone pitch in some
> knowledge? Thank you

Based on the description the GUI part will be relative easy (it's
just Python with GTK), but the underlying part seems to be going
to be an interesting challenge since the Linux iwcontrol and the
FreeBSD wicontrol probably don't match up with regarding arguments
and capabilities.

If the author is willing to take back patches, you gain more out
of it since it probably will be a lot, maybe even considering him
to make a proper OS dependent interface towards the wi/iwcontrol
toolset so he can easily add support for other OSs too.

(Sorry to be not so helpful, but you've chosen not the easiests and
the most difficults of jobs :-)

Edwin
--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org