Totem Compilation error.

Vincent Blondel vincent at xtra-net.org
Wed Jul 4 13:12:57 UTC 2007

Hello,

Below what I receive when trying to compile gnome2 CURRENT. This happens
during the compilation phase of totem.

checking whether to enable easy codec installation support... auto
checking for MISSING_PLUGINS... yes
checking for GST... yes
checking for backend libraries... GStreamer-0.10
checking GStreamer 0.10 playbin plugin... no
configure: error:
         Cannot find required GStreamer-0.10 plugin 'playbin'.
         It should be part of gst-plugins-base. Please install it.

===>  Script configure failed unexpectedly.
Please run the gnomelogalyzer, available from
http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/gnomelogalyzer.sh, which will diagnose the
problem and suggest a solution. If - and only if - the gnomelogalyzer cannot
solve the problem, report the build failure to the FreeBSD GNOME team at
gnome at FreeBSD.org, and attach (a)
/tmp/usr/ports/multimedia/totem/work/totem-2.18.2/config.log, (b) the output
of the failed make command, and (c) the gnomelogalyzer output. Also, it might
be a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your
system (`ls -la`). Put your attachment up on any website,
copy-and-paste into http://freebsd-gnome.pastebin.com, or use send-pr(1) with
the attachment. Try to avoid sending any attachments to the mailing list
(gnome at FreeBSD.org), because attachments sent to FreeBSD mailing lists are
usually discarded by the mailing list software.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/totem.

If I look a bit more in detail it seems /usr/local/bin/gst-inspect is
called during the configure phase and this causes segmentation fault.

I already looked at google for some solution but without any success.

Thanks to help me.
Vincent.