make fetchindex failure

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Wed Jul 4 00:09:36 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 11:19:04PM +0700, budsz wrote:
> So the best way I should upgrade my system to FreeBSD 6.X series?,

Yes, that is what we have been recommending for some time now.

> BTW which one:
>
> "tag=RELEASE_4_EOL" or "tag=RELEASE_4" ?, I've already read in
> handbook and didn't find exactly "tag=RELEASE_4_EOL" :-(

There was a README posted to ports@ about how to do this.  OTOH if you
have already upgraded your ports past the RELEASE_4_EOL point, then your
best choice is to just go ahead and upgrade to 6.2.  Otherwise, you are
going to have to revert your ports tree and then deal with the fallout
of having any ports you have upgraded since the RELEASE_4_EOL tag was
laid down, and that would be a complete waste of time.

mcl