net/tightvnc missing dependencies?

Momchil Ivanov idiotbg at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 10:08:16 UTC 2007

On Monday 02 July 2007 07:23:34 Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 20:32:19 -0700
>
> Garrett Cooper <youshi10 at u.washington.edu> wrote:
> > Momchil Ivanov wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have just installed net/tightvnc and when starting the vncserver
> > > it complains about missing xauth:
> > >
> > > space at shtaiga ~$ vncserver -geometry 800x600
> > > vncserver: couldn't find "xauth" on your PATH.
> > >
> > > I`ve manually installed x11/xauth in order to get the server
> > > started. Is it a missing dependency or is it supposed to be like
> > > this? Should it depend on x11-fonts/xorg-fonts too (or at least one
> > > of the font ports), because the server won`t start without at least
> > > the "fixed" font? I`ve installed that manually too.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> >
> > Try to symlink /usr/local to /usr/X11R6. I bet that's the problem.
>
> I didn't found this problem on my 7.2 Xorg installed from scratch, but
> his have been reported to me before. I'm still trying to find a machine
> on which I can do a clean install and find out what it's really missing.
>
> If the the symlink helps please let me know.

This was a clean install. I`m building my mp3 box on that computer: started
with clean install of 6.2, cvsuped to stable, cvsuped ports, and then
installed the tightvnc port (I didn`t install the x11/xorg meta port) and
tried to start it. Then it said that it cannot find xauth, so I installed it,
then it complained about the "fixed" font, so I`v just installed the meta
xorg-fonts port to make life easier :) and I have the symlink, one of the
ports that tightvnc depends on created it.

--
PGP KeyID: 0x3118168B
Keyserver: pgp.mit.edu