new version of Gnucash on FreeBSD

Ade Lovett ade at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 22 10:46:55 UTC 2007

On Jan 20, 2007, at 15:34 , Michael Johnson wrote:
> it is, we have patched versions of devel/libtool15 and devel/libltdl15
>
> Ade (autotools maintainer) wants a good bit of testing done before
> it's
> committed, plus the dlopen is already committed upstream.

In case anyone missed the subtly here... GNOMEish ports are by far
and away the biggest consumers of libltdl.  Since the patch in
question affects run-time as opposed to compile-time, simply assuming
that "hey, it builds, commit" doesn't really apply in this case.

So if folks want to see this in the tree, please do test heavily on
the MC GNOME repo which has these patches in place -- by doing so,
it'll definitely speed up the process.

(I figure I'll drop it in the tree at the same time as gettext 0.16.x
-- that should be fun ;)

-aDe