How to do multiple build targets

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Sun Jan 21 20:56:42 UTC 2007

I'm working on porting the CyberAbuse whois client.  The Makefile has a
number of targets in it that allow you to build sqlite and a server, if
you want.

In order to build the client, you first need to make "tld" and then make
"cache" before you make "classic".  The ALL target just prints a message
telling you to read the INSTALL doc.

So how do I make two targets before making the primary target?

In the Makefile I tried this:

BUILD_TARGET=      tld,cache
ALL_TARGET=        classic

This builds the client but doesn't appear to build either tld or cache,
and the install generates an error that the cache is missing.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst
The University of Texas at Dallas
http://www.utdallas.edu/ir/security/