linux-flashplayer9

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jan 18 23:48:33 UTC 2007

> > > I just removed my linux-flashplayer7 port, hoping to get the
> > > linux-flashplayer9 working. But after what it seemed like a normal installation,
> > > firefox did not show the plugin installed in the about:plugins page.
> > >
> > > When I removed flashplayer9 and reinstalled flashplayer7 it was working
> > > again, without any other changes.
> > >
> > > I'm using FreeBSD 6-stable, and the flashplugin9 port does not have any
> > > notes about changes needed to be made.
> > >
> > > Any clues about this...?
> >
> > The ports are exactly the same, just the version number is different.
> >
> > Are you using (native) Firefox or linux Firefox? The flashplugin is
> > supposed to only work in linux Firefox and linux Opera.

> I use native firefox, but the linux-flashplugin7 worked just fine for me
> for a long time. And the only reason I wanted to use version 9, is
> because some sites require flash version >= 8.
> But I have the impression that it is supposed to work for the native:
> (http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/desktop-browsers.html)
>
> at least the handbook does not state anything about it.

Handbook mentions flashplugin7 port. It does not mention flashplugin9 in
any way.

You're probably using linuxpluginwrapper. That does not support
flashplugin9.

Sorry to burst your hopes.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>

In God we trust. All others must use the callback verifier.