rcorder doesn't apply to ports startup scripts in 6.0?

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jan 14 06:54:09 UTC 2007

Jo Rhett wrote:
> Gabor Kovesdan wrote:
>> Move the affected scripts to /etc/rc.d.
>
> Ugh.  It's non portable and hard to document, compared to "apply this
> patch to all 6.0 systems" which I can do via cfengine.

Yeah, I wouldn't go that route either. You should be able to generate
the right patch by looking over the diff from where you're at to
6.1-RELEASE. You might want to go a little farther into the future if
you're using jails, but that stuff has been stable for a long time, so
it shouldn't be hard to find what you need.

If you take a shot at this and absolutely can't find the right
combination of chickens to sacrifice, give me a buzz off list and I'll
take a look.

Doug