Restricting (human) language and character set in /usr/ports

Andrew Pantyukhin infofarmer at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jan 13 19:01:22 UTC 2007

I'm not sure if there's a policy already, but it seems
we have discussed this before.

Can we limit /usr/ports (the whole ports collection) to
English language and ASCII characters? This restriction
should probably apply to all text data (with possible
exception for patches).

I know many of us would like to see i18n/l10n efforts in
ports collection, but for now, in my opinion, we might
need to focus on plain English.

I'll start poking maintainers soon if there's no
articulate objection.