Python and gramps...

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Fri Feb 23 22:58:23 UTC 2007

On Feb 23, 2007, at 2:21 PM, Anders Troback wrote:
> The port builds fine but when I'm start up the program and tries to do
> things in the program I've got errors. The following error occurs when
> I'm trying to create a new file:
>
> 8<-------------------------------------------------------------------
> 13416: ERROR: DbLoader.py: line 468: Failed to open database.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/share/gramps/DbLoader.py", line 447, in read_file
>     self.dbstate.db.load(filename,self.uistate.pulse_progressbar,mode)
>   File "/usr/local/share/gramps/GrampsDb/_GrampsBSDDB.py", line
> 347, in
> load self.env.set_flags(db.DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE,1)  # clean up unused
> logs
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE'
> 8<-------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Similar error pops up almost every were! One person in the gramps ML
> are hinting to a problem with the installation of BSDDB. I don't know
> mush about Python so I'm kind of lost here!

I think you need to choose a particular flavor of BDB which is recent
enough to support these log capabilities; try setting something like
these in /etc/make.conf:

WITH_BERKELEYDB=db42
WITH_BDB_VER=42

...or choose some other recent 4.x version, and then try
reinstalling /usr/ports/databases/py-bsddb.

--
-Chuck