exim WITH_SRS problem

Evren Yurtesen yurtesen at ispro.net
Wed Feb 21 20:28:35 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have compiled exim with WITH_SRS however I am not able to use any srs
commands.

2007-02-21 13:57:47 Exim configuration error in line 18 of
/usr/local/etc/exim/configure:
   main option "srs_alwaysrewrite" unknown

I wanted to be sure that it was compiled in by uninstalling libsrs2 and
when I uninstall it exim complains that it cant find the libsrs2...so file.

Is this a problem with FreeBSD ports or am I doing something wrong? I
got spf working the same way and I have been using exim from ports for
years. This is the first time something like this is happening.

#exim -bV
Exim version 4.66 #0 (FreeBSD 6.2) built 21-Feb-2007 13:42:28
Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 2006
Probably Berkeley DB version 1.8x (native mode)
Support for: crypteq iconv() use_setclassresources Perl OpenSSL
Content_Scanning Experimental_SPF
Lookups: dbm dbmnz mysql
Authenticators: plaintext
Routers: accept dnslookup ipliteral manualroute queryprogram redirect
Transports: appendfile autoreply pipe smtp
Fixed never_users: 0
Size of off_t: 8
2007-02-21 13:57:47 Exim configuration error in line 18 of
/usr/local/etc/exim/configure:
   main option "srs_alwaysrewrite" unknown

Here are the options I used at compile time.

         'mail/exim*' => [
                 'WITH_CONTENT_SCAN=yes',
                 'WITHOUT_OLD_DEMIME=yes',
                 'WITH_MYSQL=yes',