Impending update to devel/gettext

Ade Lovett ade at freebsd.org
Fri Feb 16 04:39:29 UTC 2007

On Feb 15, 2007, at 20:34 , Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> I have updated it in MC without bump it, but I always can bump it
> for gmkdir issue if one of my team request. Is it rare? If it is,
> then I think anyone can always reinstall it. :-)

It'll only affect you if you happen to have an old devel/gettext
installed, sysutils/coreutils installed, and don't deinstall
coreutils before trying to update gettext.

So year, pretty rare.  Certainly not worth a version bump.  It'll be
0.16.1 when it goes to the main three.

> Sounds good, I think that Kris said that 4.x support are going to
> be gone in our tree (include bsd.*.mk) sometime soon (unsure on
> when, but soon).

AIUI, the final sweep will be done before 3/1, which is why I chose
that date.  If it gets delayed for any reason, then I'll wait until
that update happens before committing.

> There is no issue with GNOME 2.17/2.18 in MC so far.

Excellent.  Good to hear.

-aDe