where to install kld ports

Yoshihiro Ota ota at j.email.ne.jp
Thu Feb 15 03:47:44 UTC 2007

Thanks to Jurgen, first.  I wasn't sure where was the best place to bring it to a discussion so that I sent the patch.

I somehow though that .ko was installed into /book/kernel and being removed with installkernel.  So, when I saw that fusefs installed its ko installed into /usr/local/modules, I thought it was a good idea.  That was unnecessary, then.

Perhaps, shouldn't KMODDIR defined somewhere in ports/Mk/*mk and no individual ports need to define it themselves?

Thanks,
Hiro