Looking for kernel constants / documentation - RTC, wordsize

Garrett Cooper youshi10 at u.washington.edu
Thu Feb 15 02:33:07 UTC 2007

Hello again,
	In my effort to continue porting tvtime to freebsd I've come across
several issues in compiling the app.

	One sets of issues are compiling files with Linux specific, mostly
dealing with RTC. I did a bit of searching, discovered that the mplayer
dealt with a similar issue and the port author submitted the following
patch, but I can't seem to find the rtc.h header file:

  #ifdef HAVE_RTC
+#ifdef HAVE_BSDRTC
+#include <rtc.h>
+#define RTC_IRQP_SET RTCIO_IRQP_SET
+#define RTC_PIE_ON RTCIO_PIE_ON
+#else
  #include <linux/rtc.h>
  #endif
+#endif

HAVE_BSDRTC is defined by the configure file. Would anyone know where
rtc.h is right off-hand?

Another question is function-wise, will I have to worry about the
details with FreeBSD's RTC vs Linux's RTC (apparently Linux's RTC is
more defined than FreeBSD's as of 2 years ago, or so some mailing list
guy said) or can I just ignore them?

Finally, where can I find the constant defined in bits/wordsize.h called
"__WORDSIZE" (or "WORDSIZE", perhaps)?

Thanks,

-Garrett