learning about building ports - please help

Csaba Molnar molnarcs at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 19:39:19 UTC 2007

> The CONFIGURE_ENV sets the CPPFLAGS and the LDFLAGS that are passed to
> the configure script.  The variable PTHREAD_LIBS has a value of
> -pthread, which should solve your problem with libkdefx.la.
>
> Scot
> --
> DISCLAIMER:
> No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.

Thanks, that seems to have solved the issue with libkdefx.la.

Now I ran portlint, fixed whitespace issues, but there is one remaining issue:

WARN: Makefile: Consider adding support for a WITHOUT_NLS knob to
conditionally disable gettext support.

So that's what gettext is for.

I posted these questions because I'm curious: when I create a port like this
(I mean only understanding part of what I do) - should I submit it (if it
looks correct)? What if I can't maintain it because some changes in the
future require understanding of the code?

Aquamarine is probably not the best port to begin with, for I guess it would
be better if it was maintained with the rest of beryl (which really requires
someone with more knowledge) - but still, it was fun trying it :)))