HEADS UP: portupgrade moved (ports-mgmt)

Colin Waring freebsd at southportcomputers.co.uk
Mon Feb 5 18:49:05 UTC 2007

I spotted this, but unfortunately because it has cause some problems.
I'm getting a couple of errors now, all the ports tools kick out:

cd: can't cd to /usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade

I've tried uninstalling portupgrade and reinstalling it. If I uninstall,
all I get is:

pkg_delete: file '(null)/libdata/ldconfig/portupgrade' doesn't exist
pkg_delete: couldn't entirely delete package (perhaps the packing list
is incorrectly specified?)

It disappears from the list of installed programs but the error stays
and installing it clean from the new location makes no improvements. I
also have portdowngrade and portaudit installed which will have been
affected by the move. I think they are currently working fine.

It is possible that the problem has been caused by portupgrade not just
being moved, but a new version coming out too so somewhere along the
lines it just can't cope with both.

The only question is how to get it sorted?
pkgdb -fF doesn't do anything other than output the "can't cd" error.
Removing and recreating pkgdb.db does bugger all.

portupgrade appears to still do its job, but I don't want to find out
its actually breaking things because of the error so I'm not using it..

Any suggestions?
Cheers,
Colin.