LIB_DEPENDS not really required for build?

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Sun Feb 4 12:26:38 UTC 2007

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007, Andrew Pantyukhin wrote:
> You should take another look at the excerpt you
> posted. Looks like portsdir has been redefined.

Yes, PORTSDIR has been redefined to point to where my ports reside. ;-)

I fully understand that I am missing these dependencies.  They simply do
not exist on that system.

My complaint is that the build should stop immediately, with a clear error
message, instead of forging ahead and silently do the wrong thing or fail
at a later stage, during build, installation, or run-time.

Gerald