/usr/local/share/mk ?

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Thu Feb 1 20:30:27 UTC 2007

and to answer to your second point...
On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 02:44:17PM -0500, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 11:37:20AM -0800, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> > In term of port's backward compatibilty, the extra .PATH or -I
> > could be supplied by the files in /usr/ports/Mk which people
> > are expected to update anyways, right ?
>
> That Makefile.kld would be a fragment of a port makefile, right?  Your
> bsd.linux_kmod.mk could go in /usr/ports/Mk although it seems to make
> more sense as part of /usr/src.

the layout i see is this:

    in ports/multimedia/linux-ov-kld:	one of the linux-ported drivers

	files/Makefile.kld
	files/patch-hopefully-empty

	Makefile
	    ... fetch linux source
	    ... apply local patches
	    ... copy Makefile.kld into ${WRKSRC}
	    do-build:
		${MAKE} -I ${PREFIX}/share/mk -f Makefile.kld depend all

Again, if we could spare the -I ${PREFIX}/share/mk because it is already
supplied once for all in the environment set in /usr/ports/Mk,
that's less chance of making mistakes or hardwiring choices.

As for ports/devel/linux-bsd-kmod: it would install the bsd.linux_kmod.mk
into ${PREFIX}/share/mk
and then either add .PATH: /usr/local/share/mk to /etc/make.conf,
or print a message asking the sysadmin to do so

	cheers
	luigi