pkg_delete: package 'xorg-drivers-7.3' doesn't have a prefix

Mon Si mon.si at gmx.net
Mon Dec 31 04:07:04 PST 2007

Peter Boosten wrote, on 12/30/07 18:04:
> Quoting Eric Crist <mnslinky at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> If nothing else works, you could try
>>> rm -rf /var/db/pkg/xorg-drivers-7.3
>>
>> If I remember correctly, there are detailed instructions in
>> /usr/ports/UPDATING -- go back to notes for sometime in May of
>> 2007, and there's a really long entry on upgraded to Xorg 7.x
>> from 6.9.  I think the entry specifically mentions 7.2, but it
>> should work for 7.3 as well.
>>

> The following worked for me: In
> /usr/ports/x11-drivers/xorg-drivers do make config
>
> then portupgrade -f xorg-drivers
>
> Peter

Thanks a lot for the suggestions!
Removing /var/db/pkg/xorg-drivers-7.3 worked, the "make config &&
portupgrade -f xorg-drivers" method gave me the same error message
as before.

However I don't really understand why this prefix thing shows up
well after the upgrade from 6.9 to 7.2. Perhaps I cvsup'd at a bad
time.

Simon