Limitations of Ports System

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at math.missouri.edu
Fri Dec 14 16:28:18 PST 2007

Aryeh M. Friedman wrote:

> Remko Lodder wrote:

>> You Simply dont understand the way it works here and I can
>> understand that till a certain point of view; take the advise;
>> discuss it elsewhere, and get back with working code (yeah I repeat
>> it twice because nobody seems to get through to you, and MANY
>> people tried it already).
> Oh I hear the message loud and clear and just happen to not agree with
> the thinking behind it.   Namely ivory tower development has its place
> but not here.

This is my thinking.  I think what Aryeh is doing here is fine.  But
perhaps Aryeh and David need to stop rising to the bait when someone
tells them they are wrong.  I understand them replying up until now,
because I can see that silence might be interpreted as their
acquiescence.  But I think to reply to naysayers now will only add much
more noise.  Both sides have made their points loud and clear, and the
points don't need repetition.

Remko: this thread has generated interesting discussions, clearly
relevant to ports.  If you don't like the discussions, simply press the
delete key or don't reply.

Stephen