Ion3 removal (Re: Ion3 license violation)

Tuomo Valkonen tuomov at iki.fi
Thu Dec 13 09:20:45 PST 2007

On 2007-12-13, Bill Moran <wmoran at potentialtech.com> wrote:
> I had a lawyer tell me exactly what you said: That verbal agreements
> _are_ legally binding, but almost never enforceable.

That may be because typical verbal agreements are difficult to prove.
However, a statement on, say, a public mailing list is more provable.
Of course, there's the question whether the message was really written
by the person the message claims to be from. This situation could be
improved by the person in question having a habit of signing messages
(or, say, the software releases themselves) with PGP. Of course, that's
not 100% reliable, but neither are ink-on-paper signatures.

--
Tuomo