Ion3 removal (Re: Ion3 license violation)]

Mikhail Teterin mi+kde at aldan.algebra.com
Thu Dec 13 06:23:27 PST 2007

On четвер 13 грудень 2007, Peter Jeremy wrote:
= So far one person has stated that they tried and gave
= up.  Maybe the next person will be more successful.

Absolutely right. My point, however, was that the rashed removal makes that
hypothetical next person's job more difficult.

No, not impossible -- getting stuff out from the Attic is doable. But more
difficult (possibly involving contacting repo-meisters, etc.) -- we have the
EXPIRATION_DATE setting for a reason.

Any claims of license violations -- which, according to Mark, lead to the
hasty removal -- should've been addressed by using FORBIDDEN/IGNORE instead.

Not much can be done /now/ -- the reason I'm making these noises is to prevent
another disorderly deorbiting of a port in the future.

	-mi