Ion3 license violation

Philip Paeps philip at freebsd.org
Thu Dec 13 03:14:44 PST 2007

On 2007-12-13 05:02:36 (-0600), Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 11:42:53AM +0100, Philip Paeps wrote:
> > Anyway.  How does portmgr feel about this?  Aye or nay?
>
> I do not yet believe that it is possible to meet Tuomo's interpretation
> of his license without his prior review of every possible patch, and I'm
> not willing to obligate the FreeBSD project, in perpetuity, to be able
> to do so.

Assuming you have your portmgr hat on, I'll take this as a very clear "nay"
and I won't add the port again.

It's fairly easy to maintain locally in $HOME/bin for those of us who still
feel it's the only usable window manager. :-)

Thanks for the clarification!

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                    Please don't Cc me, I am
philip at freebsd.org                               subscribed to the list.

  BOFH Excuse #234:
    Someone is broadcasting pygmy packets and the router doesn't know how to
    deal with them.