Ion3 removal (Re: Ion3 license violation)

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Wed Dec 12 18:12:18 PST 2007

On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 07:30:46PM -0500, Mikhail Teterin wrote:
> I expect the port-removal to be initiated/done in an orderly fashion.

Claims of license violations absolutely trump any "process requirements".
portmgr has the explicit task of keeping the Ports Collection in as
best a legal state as possible.

Further, note that my initial commit tried to do this, and I asked the
author if it was acceptable.  It was clear from his reply that it was
not -- especially considering the following history:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2007/10/28/0000.html

Anyone interested in this thread needs to go read that one first.

mcl