Ion3 license violation

Tuomo Valkonen tuomov at iki.fi
Wed Dec 12 02:17:43 PST 2007

On 2007-12-12, Garrett Cooper <youshi10 at u.washington.edu> wrote:
> 	I'm sorry but I really beg to differ with you. Vista sucks it long
> and sucks it hard...

There are some improvements in Vista UI-wise (within the suffocating
confines of WIMPshit). But unfortunately it has also falling victim
to the industry-wide trend of anti-aliasing fascism. XP was the last
OS with good-looking fonts: in Vista you can't disable them completely
(at least not easily), fontconfit/Xft are well-known to be AA/XML-fascist,
it being practically impossible to configure to get decent fonts,
especially if you don't have root access. OS X also AFAIK needs special
hacky extensions to disable blurring and still afaik doesn't support
hinting, so the fonts rasterise poorly.

> 	There's a reason why I recommend Macs to new customers :).

Macs are too much like Gnome. Between Mac/Gnome and Windows/KDE,
I'll take the latter.

--
Tuomo