www/mod_python support in apache22?

Rainer Schwarze rsc at admadic.de
Tue Dec 11 03:00:08 PST 2007

Mike Bowie wrote:
> Chris Haulmark wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to get devel/subversion and www/trac working on my FreeBSD
>> 6.x system.
[snip]
> Chris,
>
> I believe you will find that www/mod_python3 works very groovily with
> Apache 2.2.
>
> I'm pretty sure I've used it with trac in the past.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mike.

Hi Chris,

I can confirm that. Some weeks ago I installed FreeBSD 6.2 on our main
server. The subversion-python port gave me a bit of trouble as a FreeBSD
newbie which was solved by using this make command:

make WITHOUT_BDB=yes WITH_APACHE2_APR=yes WITH_MOD_SAV_SVN=yes \
APXS=/usr/local/sbin/apxs

(BTW: I use the same make command for the subversion port.)
I could install mod_python3 without any problems. And after setting up
everything, trac works well.

Best wishes, Rainer