[RFC/P] Port System Re-Engineering

RW fbsd06 at mlists.homeunix.com
Mon Dec 3 18:17:00 PST 2007

On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 17:57:40 -0500
"Aryeh M. Friedman" <aryeh.friedman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually what see is a signficant difference in the way the banner is
> displayed and no I will not change the rules becuase the root issue is
> xdm-banner is only installed if you make the metaport with nothing
> else installed

I'm a little sceptical that it's installed by anything:

$ find /usr/ports/ -iname Makefile |xargs grep -i "xbanner" |grep -Ev "^/usr/ports/x11/xbanner/"
/usr/ports/x11/Makefile:    SUBDIR += xbanner

Having said that dependencies often do depend on the order the leaves
are installed, because some ports will use alternate dependencies
according to what's already there. It makes things a lot easier to
maintain.