FreeBSD Port: compiz-0.5.0

Robert Noland rnoland at 2hip.net
Thu Aug 30 09:58:19 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-29 at 23:38 +0200, Patrick Hurrelmann wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 01:16:53 -0400
> "Robert C. Noland III" <rnoland at 2hip.net> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 02:59 +0530, Subhro wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I have compiled the FreeBSD port for compiz 0.5.0 and experiencing
> > > random crashes of gtk-window-decorator. The crashes seem to be when
> > > closing a nautilus window. However the occurance is random. I have
> > > checked up with #compiz on irc.freenode.net and they have to say
> > > that some X window handling bugs have been detected and fixed in
> > > the next version 0.5.2.
> > >
> > > This is release is already available on the website and therefore I
> > > would request you to kindly bump up the version of the ports.
> >
> > I'm already working on 0.5.2, it will be a few more days though as
> > this also picks up compiz-fusion which is another 10 or so ports...
> > I have most all of them completed, but I need to resolve a few
> > remaining issues if I can...
> >
> > robert.
> >
> > > Thanks
> > > Subhro
> >

> Hi Robert,
>
> thanks for your effort of porting compiz-fusion. I just tried the
> recent updates of emerald 0.5.2 (that are still pending it their PRs)
> and all works fine, except emerald dumping core on a 5min basis on
> CURRENT.
>
> But to ease your porting effort a bit I did a very quick shot on the
> compizconfig part. I attached 4 skeleton ports for compizconfig/ccsm.
> Maybe they are helpful and can speedup your your valuable work a bit ;)
>
> I also made the ports available online. The shars can be found here:
>
> http://www.bytephobia.de/freebsd/ports/
>  - ccsm_0.5.2.shar
>  - compizconfig-backend-gconf_0.5.2.shar
>  - compizconfig-python_0.5.2.shar
>  - libcompizconfig_0.5.2.shar

Ok, Just to maybe prevent more people from doing work.  I already have
ports of these complete.  The reason that they are not yet committed is
that when enabling/disabling plugins via ccsm, it is causing compiz to
segfault.  I haven't yet tracked the root cause of this.  As long as I
enable/disable plugins via gconf editor it's all reasonably stable.

If people want me to commit it in it's current state, I'm fine with
that.  Perhaps someone else can track down the cause of the segfault.  I
just didn't want hundreds of e-mails telling me it's broken...

robert.