Tomcat 5.5 Port

Tomas Verbaitis tomasv at megalogika.lt
Tue Aug 21 05:09:08 PDT 2007

On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 11:37:45AM -0400, Arend P. van der Veen wrote:
> 4.  Chnage permissions in tomcat
> cd /usr/local/tomcat5.5]
> sudo chown -R www webapps

This won't be necessary anymore after last port revision :)

> Once this was done I was able to compile the project and install it using:
> ant
> ant install
> I did notice that it created a new directory in webapps with the new
> application.  So far so good.  If I try to install it again I get an error
> stating that it is already installed.  Again, so far so good.

I guess, that Tomcat should complain about context being alreay
deployed/started. That's OK, because you need to stop the context in
order to be able to start it again.

> The problem that I have is if I make changes to the project and reload the
> application using
>
> ant reload
>
> I get the following output:
> reload:
>    [reload] OK - Reloaded application at context path /hello
>
> This looks ok.  However, when I run it, the changes to the project do not
> show up.  If I look into the directory under webapps, the changes have not
> been moved over.  I have to manually copy the contents from my build to
> webapps under tomcat.
>
> What I am doing wrong.  I am sure that it is someting simple but do not
> seem to figure it out.

Make sure, that "ant reload" task depends on something like "compile" or
"copy" -- that is, that JAR's are realy rebuilt, .class'es are really
compiled and that everything is really copied to the
TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/this_particular_webapp directory.

should this be moved to java@?
--
Tomas "Verbaitis" Verbaitis ** http://megalogika.lt