FreeBSD Port: emacs-22.0.99_1

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Mon Aug 20 11:12:57 PDT 2007

On Aug 20, 2007, at 3:02 AM, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
[ ... ]
> I apologize for leaving the port stale for so long, but it's a fairly
> big moving target right now, with the release of GNU Emacs 22.2 in the
> works.

Thanks for your work on the Emacs port, Giorgos.

> The integration of the patches may require a bit of care though,
> since a
> lot of GNU software has switched to GPLv3 and I am a bit unsure about
> the proper way to integrate GPLv3 code with our Ports tree.

Emacs and GNU tar have switched; gcc will move with 4.3 (.0, or
perhaps 4.3.3 [depending on how silly someone is about bumping
version #'s]); but most of the other utilities seem to be waiting
until their next normal "feature release" before changing the license
terms over.

Anyway, did you have a specific concern about GPLv3?

--
-Chuck