FreeBSD Port: emacs-22.0.99_1

Subhro subhro.kar at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 14:43:57 PDT 2007

Hello,

I have just downloaded and compiled emacs a little while ago. The
emacs version number says 22.1.1. It seems as if there is some memory
handling bug in the GTK part of emacs. The application dumps core
every time when I try to open a file from the menu. I have also had a
word with the devs on #emacs on irc.freenode.net. They have confirmed
the bugs and also told that there has been some patches which are
available in the cvs. They are to be integrated in the next release
(22.2, most likely) but that would again be about a month maybe more
from today.

However to restore the stability of emacs I would request you to
kindly integrate the said patches.

Thanks
Subhro