Patch for net/etunnel

Henry Goodman me at henrygoodman.com
Sat Aug 18 16:33:50 PDT 2007

Hi,

I've been trying to use net/etunnel as an SMTP proxy on FreeBSD 6, but I ran
into a problem where etunnel would continuously fork new zombie processes
which would eventually overload the server, preventing any new processes
from being launched.  The process would fork when it received the SIGIO
signal and would then block on accept() even if the socket was already
connected.  Fortunately, I was able to open up the code and modify it to fix
this bug.

So, I'd like to know how I can share this patch with other users.  It looks
like this port is not maintained, so I'm not sure who to talk to. I might be
willing to handle other bug fixes now that I am familiar with the code, but
for the time being I just need to know how I can update the port or the
original source to fix this bug for anyone else who might be unfortunate
enough to try this program and have it take down their server.  Please
advise.

Henry