PR ports/115364

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Wed Aug 15 11:38:35 PDT 2007

On Aug 15, 2007, at 1:48 PM, Doug Barton wrote:

> One question though, are ALL of those modules truly needed for
> build AND run? If yes, no problem, but I hate to see BUILD_DEPENDS
> == RUN_DEPENDS as a default if it hasn't been thought through. (Not
> saying that's the case here, that's why I'm asking.)

I don't know 100%, but the list of modules is what is RT itself says
is required when you install it.  There is a script included with it
that checks for required modules, and only those modules is what I
listed in the build+run deps.  I did not analyze the application to
see which is which.

You will notice that I don't literally set RUN_DEPS=BUILD_DEPS
because the ports infrastructure already starts with the MakeMaker/
Module::Build stuff in build deps, and those are definitely not
needed at runtime.