lam/MPI with trillium libraries

Nikola Lecic nlecic at EUnet.yu
Tue Aug 14 16:51:40 PDT 2007

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 16:56:04 -0600
James <oscartheduck at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm looking to build a copy of a debugging program called XMPI. For
> this to work, I have to have lam/MPI installed with the trillium
> libraries.
>
> I couldn't see any easy way to tell the net/lam port to install
> itself with these libraries, though it makes some measure of sense to
> me that there ought to be one. Is anyone out there aware of any way
> to do this? It's typically passed as  a flag during ./configure, so
> if I'm just uninformed as to the ways of ports and there's an easy
> way to pass that in, that'd be a great solution.

Hi James,

The default configure args for that port are

  CONFIGURE_ARGS= --with-rsh=ssh

So, if you just want to do 'make install', then

  # make CONFIGURE_ARGS=' --with-rsh=ssh --with-....'
  # make install clean

or, if you use portupgrade, add

  MAKE_ARGS = {
    'net/lam' => ' --with-rsh=ssh --with-....',
  }

to your /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf to save them for future upgrades.
There are also other ways to preserve make options.

Nikola Lečić