packaging mod_python

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 23:34:56 PDT 2007

On 8/12/07, Alexey Rubtsov <arubtsov at swsoft.com> wrote:
> >> Decide:
> >>    Add PKGNAMESUFFX into Makefile of port like this for example:
> >>
> >> .if (${APACHE_PORT} == "www/apache22")
> >> PKGNAMESUFFIX= -ap22
> >> .elif (${APACHE_PORT} == "www/apache20")
> >> PKGNAMESUFFIX= -ap20
> >> .endif
> >>
> >> This problem exists in mod_jk2 and mod_perl.
> >> Possibly somethere else...
> >>

> > The best place to put this would be in Mk/bsd.apache.mk, it would then
> > get applied to all the mod_* ports.  Instead of using PKGNAMESUFFIX,
> > it should be changed to PKGNAMEPREFIX, as we currently have a
> > preference for this (i.e py-24-*, py25-*, qt3-*, qt4-*, p5-*,
> > linux-*).
> >
> > Scot
>
> Ok. What can i do for include this changes into bsd.apache.mk?

To make the change just make  a copy of the original bsd.apache.mk:

cd /usr/ports/Mk/ ; cp -rp bsd.apache.mk bsd.apache.mk-orig

Then edit bsd.apache.mk:

vi bsd.apache.mk

Look for the second BUILD_DEPENDS+= ... and add (before the BUILD_DEPENDS):

PKGNAMEPREFIX?= ap${APACHE_VERSION}-

save the file, create a patch file (diff -u bsd.apache.mk-orig
bsd.apache.mk > apache.diff), and then submit a PR with your reason
for the change and the the patch file (send-pr or via the freebsd
site).

Scot
--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.