OpenOffice.org 2.2.1 package compile options

Nikola Lecic nlecic at EUnet.yu
Wed Aug 8 13:58:12 PDT 2007

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 13:48:52 -0500 (CDT)
"Doug Poland" <doug at polands.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> How can I tell if the package that is openoffice.org-2.2.1 has CUPS
> support compiled in?
>
> Traditionally, I've built OO.org from source to ensure I have CUPS
> enabled, but it'll save me a bunch of time if the package is already
> there.

Hello Doug,

As you see on

  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=openoffice.org-2.2.1

CUPS (cups-base) is not listed as a dependency.

Packages are always built with default options you can find in
files inside the ports tree, without alterations
from /var/db/ports/*/options, configuration files like
/usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf (for portupgrade), etc. This means
that OpenOffice package is (at this moment) built without CUPS support
because, according to what is stated in
/usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-2/, CUPS support has to be explicitly
requested, in which case it will be added as a dependency.

Nikola Lečić