Portmaster and Portmanager problem with jdk15

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 7 14:07:55 PDT 2007

RW wrote:

> What I don't understand is why portmaster doesn't leave missing
> build-dependencies to the ports-system itself.

Because that's part of portmaster's design. It takes each of the build
and run dependencies and handles the compilation and installation
itself. That way you get all of portmaster's benefits for each port
that you install, not just the parent.

> I wasn't using the -t option and ${BOOTSTRAPJDKDIR}/bin/javac is
> provided by jdk15.

Are there CONFLICTS set between jkd15 and linux-sun-jdk15? Portmaster
would correctly determine that the dependency was already met if so.
Another way to do that would be to wrap that line in an if
!exists(javac) type test, although in principle I would agree that it
probably shouldn't be necessary.

One thing that would make this whole problem go away is some sort of
"need depends" target that would give you all the goodness of the way
that the infrastructure tests for needed dependencies now, without
allowing the infrastructure to recurse itself. I have in mind to look
at this project when I have time, but it's not high on the list at the
moment.

hth,

Doug