mail/horde

Beech Rintoul beech at freebsd.org
Wed Aug 1 19:20:59 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 01 August 2007, Andrew Pantyukhin said:
> On 7/20/07, Jonathan Horne <freebsd at dfwlp.com> wrote:
> > On Friday 20 July 2007 08:36:38 Jonathan Horne wrote:
> > > i am trying to setup mail/horde on a test box,
> > > but so far i am not having much success.  can
> > > anyone direct me to a place where i might find
> > > tips or documentation for setting up the *current*
> > > port version of horde?
> >
> > sorry, i meant to say "www/horde-meta".
>
> Why don't you try to contact its maintainer (cc'ed)?
>
> Good luck!

Horde is a base framework and a series of modules that perform various
functions. You can install one or all of them. horde-meta is the
FreeBSD version of horde's bundles like "webmail edition" except you
can choose what to install. The base and individual modules docs are
installed in /usr/local/share/docs/horde. There is extensive
documentation on setup and the individual modules at
http://www.horde.org and you will also find a wiki and mailing lists.

Horde was designed to be versatile and able to run on any webserver
that will support php either directly or with fastcgi, that said it
seems a bit daunting to set up. I can assure you it really isn't that
bad, but does require some user configuration to work. This is well
documented, both in the docs and on their site.

Good luck  with your install and feel free to ask any specific
questions you may have.

Beech - Horde Maintainer

Beech Rintoul - FreeBSD Developer - beech at FreeBSD.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://www.freebsd.org
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Latest Release:
/ \  - http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/6.2R/announce.html