FreeBSD Port: x11-toolkits/gtk20

Michael Johnson ahze at ahze.net
Wed Apr 25 12:37:23 UTC 2007

On Apr 24, 2007, at 10:33 PM, Mike Jakubik wrote:

> Michael Johnson wrote:
>>
>> On Apr 24, 2007, at 7:47 PM, Mike Jakubik wrote:
>>>
>>> gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 2
>>> gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/x11-toolkits/gtk20/work/
>>> gtk+-2.10.11/gdk'
>>> gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>>> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/x11-toolkits/gtk20/work/
>>> gtk+-2.10.11'
>>> gmake: *** [all] Error 2
>>
>> Some how you compiled cairo with WITHOUT_X11. Recompile graphics/
>> cairo with out WITHOUT_X11 defined.
>
> Thats odd, because i never specified this option. This was part of
> a xfce4 compile. Going in to cairo's port manually, and only typing
> in make still results in it using WITHOUT_X11. I had to manually
> edit the Makefile and take that IF out for it to compile properly

It's a hidden knob in cairo we don't advertise because it causes
problems like this, but we had had enough requests for no-x11 support
in cairo
to add this knob.

run 'make -V WITHOUT_X11' in graphics/cairo and see what the output is

Michael