kqemu+amd64: fpudna in kernel mode

Juergen Lock nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de
Thu Apr 12 19:18:33 UTC 2007

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 02:14:57PM -0400, Jung-uk Kim wrote:
> > On Thursday 12 April 2007 12:32 am, Bruce Evans wrote:
> > > On Wed, 11 Apr 2007, Jung-uk Kim wrote:
>
> > He won't be able to ignore them when the handling is to panic :-).
>
> What I meant was more like "It is not trivial to fix and nobody is
> motivated enough to fix it yet.  Sorry, ignore it for now."  I
> thought "KQEMU/FreeBSD is borken" was too harsh. ;-)

At least now others than Fabrice (who doesnt use FreeBSD at all afaik)
_can_ attempt to fix it in kqemu now since it no longer is closed source.

> > > Even if we make it work with FreeBSD, I would expect similar
> > > results.
> >
> > Is that because 2.6 is already better?
>
> Dunno.  I am not a Linux hacker. ;-)
>
> > Is it a 2.6 host or target?
>
> Target.
>
> BTW, there are many OSs out there that they allow FP operations in
> kernel including Windows, Mac OS X, DragonFlyBSD, etc.  Even ndis(4)
> causes lots of fpudna warnings with some Windows drivers.  ...

 Yeah I was just about to say, this problem is not unique to kqemu...
(the fpudna: fpcurthread == curthread thing was, but that has been
fixed a while ago, even before kqemu became open source.)

	Juergen