planetmirror sites

Marcin Simonides marcin at studio4plus.com
Wed Apr 11 19:39:14 UTC 2007

Several ports (mainly gtk, gnome etc.) download distfiles from
public.planetmirror.com sites over HTTP. The problem is that this site
displays an HTML page ("This download will automatically commence
shortly...") and then a download is started as a second request.
This results in fetch fetching the HTML page instead of "real" files.

Here's an exemplary link:
http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/gnome/sources/pango/1.16/pango-1.16.1.tar.bz2

I usually download the files by hand and, after I get fed up, remove all
planetmirror sites from bsd.sites.mk and am done till the next cvsup ;)

I just wanted to signal this so that appropriate action (whatever that
is, probably removing the sites from list) can be taken.
--
Marcin Simonides