Printing with Acrobat Reader

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Wed Apr 11 11:33:08 UTC 2007

Alexander Leidinger wrote:
 > Oliver Fromme wrote:
 > > I've configured Adobe Reader to use "/usr/bin/lpr -Plaser"
 > > for printing ("laser" is the name of the printing queue for
 > > my PostScript printer).  But when I try to print a document,
 > > I get the error message "/usr/bin/lpr not found".
 >
 > Try without the path...

Interesting idea.  I guess I didn't thought of that because
the _default_ entry in Adobe Reader is "/usr/bin/lp".  So I
just tried adding an "r" to it, which failed.

I think it would be desirable to have the Adobe Reader port
work out of the box without _any_ change by the user.
That's why I suggest having the port add a wrapper script
as /compat/linux/usr/bin/lp.  A simple one line script like
this one should be sufficient:

#!/bin/sh -
exec /usr/bin/lpr "$@"

Best regards
   Oliver

"I made up the term 'object-oriented', and I can tell you
I didn't have C++ in mind."
        -- Alan Kay, OOPSLA '97